1) Baantorfun School - Teaching English (Bangkok)
Baantorfun School offers the opportunity to volunteer as a teacher for a whole year in Thailand. Free volunteering, training, accommodation and food.
[Added: 6th August 2012]
2) Isara Foundation (Nong Khai)
Isara Foundation run a learning education center and require teaching volunteers. There is a minimum commitment of three weeks; accommodation and food are provided; volunteering at the project is FREE.
[Added: 24th April 2012]
3) Camillian Social Centre (Chiangrai)
The Home of Charity (HOC) is a charity based in the Camillian Social Centre in Chiangrai. The centre cares for children with special needs, and are looking for volunteers to support the work of their organization: Teaching, caring, and playing with the children.
The volunteering opportunities is ideally suited to compassionate volunteers who have experience or a great enthusiasm to work with children. The opportunity is free, but donations are encouraged towards your living costs (accommodation, food, etc..).
4) Volunteer Work Thailand
Non-profit organization that enables volunteers to search for volunteer opportunities in Thailand.
Volunteer Work Thailand is a comprehensive source of volunteer ideas and free volunteer work in Thailand. Search our site to view a multitude of community service ideas and conservation projects, including work with children, teaching English, and wildlife volunteering.
5) Thai Animal Santuary
Thai Animal Sanctuary works to provide a lifeline to animals in distress. Priority on accommodation goes to volunteers with veterinary experience. Free volunteering opportunity.
6) Soi Dog Foundation - Opportunities for both veterinary nd non-veterinary volunteers. This busy shelter always need your support, whether it be financial or with your time, to ensure the animals of Phuket get the care they deserve(Phuket).
7) Baan Unrak Children's Village - This host seems to have an activity to occupy every volunteering interest. Although any volunteer is welcome, the village has particular need for committed volunteers in a number of specialised areas (Sangklaburi, Kanchanaburi).
8) Free Volunteers - This website is ideal for volunteers who want to help by teaching English, working in national parks or the tourism sector. They are looking to expand to other Asian nations in the near future.
9) Nikki's Place (Agape Home) - The Agape Home for babies with HIV/AIDS opened in May 1996 as a response to the plight of children impacted by the spread of HIV/AIDS across Thailand. They look for volunteers who have a heart for the children and who can commit to stay for six to twelve months.
10) CCD Thailand - Christian Care Foundation for Children with Disabilities (CCD) provides help to some of the many thousands of children in Thailand who have been abandoned or have been given into government care by families unable to support them. CCD welcomes international and local volunteers (both professional and non-professional) to work with disabled children alongside CCD staff.
11) Farmer Community School
13) Global Health Access Program
14) The Peaceway Foundation/ Burma Issues
15) Burma Volunteer Programme
1) The International Humanity Foundation - Thailand
The International Humanity Foundation (IHF) is seeking forward-thinking, dynamic graduates to contribute to our children’s home in Thailand. IHF volunteers teach English, computer and math classes as well as maintaining relationships with local staff and the local population at every centre. Low-cost volunteering - enquire about specific pricing.
2) Be a Work-Study Volunteer with Children in Thailand
International Humanity Foundation (IHF) is seeking individuals to contribute to our education centers in Indonesia, and our children’s homes Kenya and Thailand.
3) VolunTeach Thailand (Various location, including Bangkok and Chiang Rai)
Get full training and experience of teaching at one of 12 schools across Thailand. Volunteer opportunity for only $60 per week. You can get training and 24/7 support from our team of western and Thai educators with years of experience in the Thai system. The project is completely based in Thailand, which removes the need for expensive foreign overheads.
4) DinDang Natural Building Center Thailand
DinDang is specialized in natural building. The organization has been set up in 2007 and its aim is to spread the knowledge on natural building and taking care of the environment by living in a self-sustainable and ecological way.
It's a low cost volunteering opportunity that costs around 60 euros, in which you will get accommodation and meals.
5) Volunteer Teacher Thailand - Actively seeking volunteer teachers. No experience is required, so anybody with an interest in helping the people of this community will we welcomed with open-arms (don't quote me on it) (Phang-Nga, Southern Thailand).
6) Akha Hill-Tribes Culture Education and Development Project - A project supporting the many victims of conflicts bordering Thailand and Burma. Volunteers are welcomed to teach English to (in the most part) Burmese refugees who have been forced to flee their homeland (Chiang Rai).
7) Baan Dada - An orphanage which is home to over 50 children, located on the Thai/Burmese border (Sangklaburi, Western Thailand).
8) Cadip - International work camps, which involve traveling and voluntary work for a period of 2-3 weeks.
9) Personal Overseas Development
11) Openmind Projects