1) FairMail (Varanasi)
FairMail is a company producing fair trade greeting cards in Peru and India.
The photos on FairMail cards are taken by underprivileged Indian and Peruvian teenagers. FairMail offers them photography training, part-time work, medical insurance and guidance in making their future plans.
Your task as a FairMail volunteer is to contribute to the mission of FairMail: guiding underprivileged teenagers in producing qualitative photos and in producing and selling fair trade greeting cards in Peru and Western countries, with as goal the personal development and income support for these teenagers.
2) Children Walking Tall (Mapusa, Goa)
Children Walking Tall help street and slum children in Goa, India. The charity provides food, medical assistance and educational support to children from mainly local slums in Mapusa, Goa.
A volunteer is unpaid and is expected to take care of all their own expenses, including accommodation, travel, insurance etc.
3) Sambhali Trust (Jdohpur, Rajasthan)
The Sambhali Trust is a NGO based in Jdohpur, working with Dalit (lower-caste) women and girls, both in Jodhpur and Setrawa Village. The aim of the Sambhali Trust is to use education and vocational training to empower this group of women.
4) Antrek Tours and Travels (Manali, Himachal Pradesh)
Antrek Tours & Travels Pvt. Ltd. are seeking two volunteers to support the work of their adventure travel business. These should be English speaking and able to help teach Indian staff members English.
5) Sojahur (Pondicherry, India)
Sojahur NGO is a non-profit organization that has been operating in Pondicherry south India for more than 18 years. Within our organization we provide several different social services including orphan welfare, children development and empowering women.
6) Brindavan School (Trichy, India)
Brindavan School is located in Trichy, Southern India. They are looking for English teachers to help teach the children language skills. It is free to volunteer with Brindavan
7) Leading Light - Educators Trust India (Goa)
Educators’ Trust India (ETI) is solely funded by charitable donations and is staffed by a dedicated team of global volunteers who include teachers and doctors.
Free volunteering opportunities in teaching, healthcare, and general support of children and families in rural slums.
8) Springdales (Ladakh, Kashmir)
Teaching opportunities at a high school.
9) The Traveling Librarian
The Traveling Librarian focuses on assisting schools, in third world countries and rural locations, to establish their own libraries.
10) Chinyard (Karnataka)
An organization working to end exploitation via the promotion of self help and sustainable development.
11) Krishna Education and Social Development Trust (Kollam, Kerala)
Assisting with teaching duties in schools and colleges in Southern India.
12) Kerala Link (Kerala)
Supporting communtity groups in Southern India. Opportunities currently available at a special school.
13) Educational with Wellness (Edwell) (Northern India)
Teaching Egnlish to children.
14) Slum Soccer (various including Nagpur)
Requires football coaches and enthusiastic volunteers who can help disadvantaged children. Additional support, such as administrators, promotors, fundraisers is welcome, as well as help which will allow the projects to expand.
15) PWESCR (New Delhi)
Seeking volunteers with a commitment to women's rights and with a degree in international relations, social sciences, economics, law, human rights, or women’s studies. This is an internship program with a four month commitment.
16) Nirvana School (Tamil Nadu)
Volunteers can contribute a couple of days, or a few months to this school in the form of teaching or activities.
17) Sadhana Village (Pune, Maharashtra)
Sadhana Village has many projects requirement help, enthusiasm and expertise. Including education, social issues and infrastructure development.
18) Volunteer Tibet
(http://www.volunteertibet.org/) - List of opportunities in Dharamasala region of Northern India.
19) Amida Trust
An interesting opportunity to emerse yourself in Buddhist culture by taking part in their (roughly) six-month program which includes Buddhist teaching and languages lessons/ teaching (Delhi).
20) SAWED Trust (Tamilnadu)
Empowerment of the underprivileged women and children, with its health, vocational training and education programs.
21) Smile Society (Kolkata)
SMILE is a registered NGO working in the field of International volunteering. Based in Kolkata, India. Free Volunteering. Living costs not included.
Other free volunteering opportunities (with descriptions):
Wahoe Commune Education Projects
Wahoe Commune supports over 250 women and children across four Indian states. Low cost volunteering in northern India.
2) Indian Social Service Institute
The Indian Social Service Institute are working for the rural poor and tsunami affected villagers in Tamil Nadu. Low cost volunteering opportunity.
3) BGM Social Service Centre (Kerala)
1.English Teachers for Small children
2.water well construction Helpers
3.Women Selfe Help Group visitors(Micro Credit)
4.Any type of Charity workers
5. Fund raisors
6.Our Previous Project visitors
Any volunteer need only a charity and service mind.
4) AIM Abroad (Delhi)
Aimabroad is non profit volunteer organization based in Delhi, India. We provide low cost volunteering opportunities for international volunteers, we have host family based programs so it is totally safe for female and young volunteers.
AIM Abroad works to provide volunteering opportunities in India and Nepal for people who want to offer their services and travel with a grassroots organization. We realize that your skills and interest in helping the needy are valuable assets, which will support these struggling communities in India and Nepal.
5) Udayan Care - Volunteer with Children (New Delhi)
Udayan Care offer volunteering related to sustainable social development and disadvantaged children and women empowerment. Delhi, India. Free Volunteering.
7) Shanti Kunj
10) Smile Society
12) Face India
15) Rose Uttaranchal
16) Alice Project
17) Art Refuge
18) Vallalar Educational Trust - Required English teachers and volunteers with an interest in caring for children (Tamilnadu).
19) Counian Matriculation Higher Secondary School - Educational related positions at the school, including teaching (Tamilnadu).
20) Commonweal Global - Diverse projects in the areas of education and healthcare. Require English teachers (Bihar).
21) Viswadarsanam Centre for Humanity and Nature -Having experience in marketing, fund-raising, education, landscaping and environmental issues will be a great asset (Kerala, Southern India).
23) Cadip - International work camps, which involve traveling and voluntary work for a period of 2-3 weeks.
25) The Anderson Matriculation Higher Secondary School - A Christian co-educational, unaided School, catering to the educational needs of the rural, urban and township areas in Southern India.
27) Aranya Agricultural Alternatives
28) LHA - Volunteer with Tibetan refugees in Dharamasal
29) Project Why