1) Free Me – Animal rehabilitation and release program in Northern Johannesburg.
2) Oyster Worldwide
3) Centre of rehabilitation of Wildlife (CROW)
4) The Amy Biehl Foundation - mission to ‘Weave a Barrier Against Violence’ by emphasizing social, cultural and economic empowerment through its programmes.
5) RDC Foundation - aiming to assist impoverished communities in South Africa to become independant, self-sustaining and self-reliant.
6) The Emma Animal Rescue Society (TEARS)
7) Agathos Foundation - Agathos will accomplish its mission by building self-dependent villages, typically on or near a profitable farm, where children orphaned by AIDS can be raised, supervised, educated, and provided a moral foundation for life. A list of volunteering opportunities is available on their website.
8) Alon International - A Christianity-based organization which has developed communities in South Africa and Israel "...for the purpose of living and working together in fulfilling God's will". There is opportunities to work in all parts of the community.